Choice Transfer Request

Welcome to the Washington State Choice Transfer Request Portal!

The Choice Transfer Request Portal (CTRP) is used by many school districts in Washington State to process Choice Transfer requests. A Choice Transfer request is made when a student wants to attend a school outside of the school district where the student lives. For a Choice Transfer, the resident district must first release the student to start the transfer process. When you have completed your transfer application, your request will be sent to the resident school district.


Resident School District – The school district in which the student lives.
Nonresident School District – Any school district outside of the student’s resident district.

Before you begin:

  • Contact the nonresident school district to find out if they are accepting applications for the school and grade level you are requesting. Ask if there are other forms or required steps to complete your Choice Transfer request outside of this request portal.
  • You need to have an active email address to use this system. The first step of a Choice Transfer request is to verify your email address. A validation request will be sent to your email address. You will not be able to continue without the email validation step.
If you do not have an email address, exit this portal and contact the nonresident school district you want to attend to request their Choice Transfer form. School district phone numbers may be found at School District Directory. Many districts also have their Choice Transfer forms on their school district websites. A Choice Transfer may also be called a nonresident transfer, waiver, variance, interdistrict transfer, or out-of-district transfer.